Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My "Little" Introduction

First I’ll give a little bit of background on myself:
- I am 20 years-old
- 5’0” tall
- I am working on getting more in shape
- Haven’t had soda or fast food since January 11
- Third year of college
o I spent one year as a music performance major (oboe), one semester not knowing what to do, now I am in elementary education and hopefully minoring in speech pathology.
o I had 3.5 years of speech therapy myself (kindergarten to half-way through 3rd grade)
- Engaged, started dating December 2006, engaged a year later; we live together
- We have two hedgehogs, Maple (female cinnacot) and Bit (male albino); and a beautiful blue Beta fish, Fernandez
- My parents got divorced when I was 15, summer before junior year of H.S.
- My sister is 5 years younger than I am, I am almost a second parental force in her life
- My mom is remarried
- My step-dad was born and raised in England and is 20 years older than my mom
- My dad and I are not on speaking terms
- I grew up a daddy’s girl
- I also grew up in the South; from 4th-11th grade I lived on 7 acres with 3 ponies, 3 dogs, 7 cats and a pool
- I get along better with guys, I don’t have a single close girl friend
- I listen to all types of music, I just prefer music other than rap, and always love recommendations
o My dad had me listening to classic rock
o My mom and grandmother had me listening to classical, country, oldies, and musical soundtracks
o I listened to popular 90s music and early 2000s
o I started listening to “alternative” music in 7th grade. First “punk-rock” CD was Blink-182’s Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
- I love to read, favorite author is Neil Gaiman; same thing with recommendations
- My favorite book though is His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
- I love old (and some new) musicals and classic Disney movies (most of the new ones too)
- I used to ride horses (rather ponies), I owned 3, hunter-jumper (English riding), showed from 3rd grade until 8th grade
- Reason why I stopped showing was because I joined marching band in 8th grade and between marching and concert band I had no time =(
- I wish I still rode
- I was a “good kid” in H.S. – didn’t drink or smoke or have sex, honors and AP classes, all-state band member
- I started drinking and having sex right before college (beginning of August 2006)
- No, my fiancé was not my first or only.
- I still do not smoke, and I hate it.
- I’m beginning to cook more and learn my way around it a bit more
- I am a fan of the green revolution
o Reduce, Reuse, And Recycle!
- I have 8 piercings and 2 tattoos, but I dress rather “preppy”
- I’m agnostic

Okay, so now that you know my history you will better understand this blog. I do not know how much I’ll update this; be it daily, weekly, whatever. I’ll probably post interesting happenings, rants, likes and dislikes, and other nonsense. I just sometimes get the urge to vent or just type a lot and this seems like a great way to do that. I appreciate all comments, questions, and suggestions!

By the way: This is my personal blog. I may sometimes refer to my more “professional” blogs about my educational experience (i.e. – my practicum, good teaching ideas, children’s books and so forth) and my family’s travel experiences (I have family all over the world now since my mom got remarried). When/If I relate something in here to one of them I’ll just post the link to that one. I just do not want my family to read this one.

0 comments:

Newer Post Home