Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Mood: Tired, but happy.
Time: 10:40 PM

The nights here are beautiful. I had to put on PJ bottoms because it got so chilly outside. I turned off the lights, grabbed a good dark beer, turned a chair around on the porch and looked out into the backyard and into the sky. What did I see? I saw a backyard glimmering with lightning bugs and a night sky shimmering with stars. I haven't seen that many lightning bugs in so long. What made the night even better was being on the phone with someone wonderful. I love people who you can talk to about just about anything and in an intelligent way. Especially when there is also humor as well.

There is nothing wrong with smiling like a moron.

You go to my head and you linger like a haunting refrain
And I find you spinning 'round in my brain
Like the bubbles in a glass of champagne
You go to my head like a sip of sparkling Burgundy brew
And I find the very mention of you
Like the kicker in a julep or two

0 comments:

Older Post Home